The Workers Compensation Act Review Committee 2016 will:
- Review the alignment of the Act with the Meredith Principles.
- Align the Act with workplace illness and injury prevention initiatives outlined in Manitoba's Five-Year Plan for Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention.
- Examine provisions in the Act respecting the approach to addressing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure that the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba (WCB) is current with emerging trends in injury and illness, the most up-to-date health and safety knowledge, and medical practices.
- Examine the 2005 Working for Manitoba report to consider which of the recommendations have been implemented and with what effect.
- Review the WCB's existing funding model, in particular with respect to comparing the Board's funded value with Boards in other Canadian jurisdictions.
- Consider the establishment of a maximum assessable earnings level (or a cap) for workers.
- Consider the creation of an Employer Advocate Office.
- Manitoba Government to Launch Comprehensive Review of Workers Compensation Act (news release)
- Province Announces Public Consultation Begins on Legislative Review of Workers Compensation Act (news release)
- Public Consultation of The Workers Compensation Act is Underway (news release)
- The Workers Compensation Act Submissions Made Public (news release)